Back row, left to right: Dr. Rachel Haims, Mary Pina, Dr. Jorge Casal, Dr. Brad Weiner, Martha Abraham, Dr. Jeffrey Bass
Middle row, left to right: Shari Porter, Kate Burke, Dr. Tania Bandak, Liz Herrera, Milayzia Shedd
Front row, left to right: Marlene Guerrero, Cathy Mina, Rhoshaunda Watson, Dr. Ronald Katz
Not pictured: Stacey Desroses
On November 10, 2020, PersonalMDs hosted a Zoom conference on Medicare and its enrollment options. This was informative for anyone enrolling in Medicare for the first time, but also for those who were considering changes to their Medicare program.
Our host was Paula Stookey, a health insurance consultant and Medicare expert. Paula was brought to us by Jerry Facey of Baystate Financial Services who supports PersonalMDs with our employee health insurance and retirement planning.
During our one hour Zoom conference, Paula presented an overview of Medicare coverage and fielded questions.
Please see the slides below from Paula’s presentation:
Dear PersonalMDs Patients,
We hope you are well and enjoying the warmer weather. Our physicians and staff have been busy preparing for your safe return to our office. We would like to share with you some changes you will notice upon our reopening on Monday, June 1st. As you know, this is not how we prefer to operate, but we must make these adjustments to keep everyone safe. What remains unchanged is our commitment to your health. Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the Massachusetts Medical Society, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we have implemented the following measures:
- We continue to offer telemedicine visits, but we also conduct in-person appointments when deemed necessary by your physician.
- Office appointments are staggered to avoid overcrowding and maintain social distancing.
- We have removed all magazines, newspapers, and snacks from the waiting room to promote a sanitary environment.
- Our exam rooms and laboratory are disinfected before and after each patient.
- PersonalMDs staff wear masks at all times, practice social distancing, and wash their hands with soap and water throughout each day.
- Before an office visit, you will be asked a series of screening questions via phone or email. You will receive a reminder phone call or email one business day before your scheduled visit at which time we will ask these questions again.
- Please stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment. Call our front desk (617-307-3200, select option 9) or your physician’s cell phone from the parking lot, and we will let you know when we’re ready for you to come upstairs.
- Face masks are required for all visitors.
- We kindly ask you to enter our office alone unless you require personal assistance.
- When you arrive for an appointment, you will be directed to your physician’s exam room where we will ask you to wash your hands with soap and water.
- We are unable to accommodate unscheduled visitors during the pandemic, as we must screen everyone in advance.
- Appointments are required for laboratory testing at PersonalMDs. Walk-ins are no longer permitted.
- If you develop a fever, chills, sore throat, runny nose, cough, muscle aches, or sudden loss of taste or smell, please do not come into our office. Email or call your physician and they will provide you with guidance.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support. We have missed all of you and appreciate your confidence in our care!
Stay safe and well,
Tania Bandak, MD, MPH
Jeffrey Bass, MD
Rachel Haims, MD
Ronald Katz, MD
Laurie Katzman, MD
Brad Weiner, MD