All individuals six months of age and older are eligible for either the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have approximately equivalent efficacy in preventing hospitalization, severe disease, and death from COVID-19.
Please contact your physician if you have any specific concerns.
Tania Bandak, MD, MPH
Jeffrey Bass, MD
Jorge E. Casal, MD
Rachel Haims, MD
Ronald Katz, MD
Brad Weiner, MD
The CDC considers those with the following medical conditions to be at higher risk should they be exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic lung diseases (COPD, moderate to severe asthma, interstitial lung disease)
- Dementia or other neurological conditions
- Diabetes (type 1 or 2)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart Conditions (congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, hypertension)
- HIV infection
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system)
- Liver disease
- Overweight, obesity and severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] > 25)
- Sickle cell disease and thalassemia
- Solid organ or blood stem cell transplant
- Stroke or cerebrovascular disease
- Substance use disorders
We suggest you take a look at the following resources: