COVID-19 Office Safety
Dear PersonalMDs Patients,
We would like to share with you changes we have made to keep everyone as safe as possible. What remains unchanged is our commitment to your health. Following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the Massachusetts Medical Society, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we have implemented the following measures:
- We continue to offer both telemedicine and in-person appointments.
- Office appointments are staggered to avoid overcrowding and maintain social distancing.
- We have removed all magazines, newspapers, and snacks from the waiting room to promote a sanitary environment.
- Our exam rooms and laboratory are disinfected before and after each patient.
- PersonalMDs staff wear masks at all times, practice social distancing, and wash their hands with soap and water throughout each day.
- Before an office visit, you will be asked a series of screening questions via phone or email. You will receive a reminder phone call or email one business day before your scheduled visit at which time we will ask these questions again.
- Please stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment. Call our main line (617) 307-3200, select option 9, and we will let you know when we’re ready for you to come upstairs.
- Face masks are required for all visitors.
- We kindly ask you to enter our office alone unless you require personal assistance.
- When you arrive for an appointment, you will be directed to your physician’s exam room where we will ask you to wash your hands with soap and water.
- We are unable to accommodate unscheduled visitors during the pandemic, as we must screen everyone in advance.
- Appointments are required for laboratory testing at PersonalMDs. Walk-ins are no longer permitted.
- If you develop a fever, chills, sore throat, runny nose, cough, muscle aches, or sudden loss of taste or smell, please do not come into our office. Email or call your physician and they will provide you with guidance.