Dr. Laurie Katzman
Board Certified Internist in Chestnut Hill, MA
Dr. Laurie Katzman spent over 20 years as a primary care doctor in major academic teaching hospitals in Boston prior to joining PersonalMDs in 2008. She is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Katzman has emerged as a leader in both clinical medicine and in other organizations where she has worked. She has been a teacher and mentor to many medical students, residents and colleagues. However, her most gratifying role has always been as a primary care doctor, responsible for improving the well-being and health of her patients.
Dr. Katzman has in the past been active in a variety of community activities, including service as an officer and on the Board of Directors of the New England Lupus Foundation. She was honored by the Boston Red Sox organization in 2006 for her volunteer work and threw out the ceremonial first pitch at one of their games.
Dr. Katzman resides in Newton with her husband Lenny and two daughters, Michelle and Ashley.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Associate Physician
- Harvard Medical School, Assistant Prof. of Medicine
- Autonomous University of Guadalajara Medical School (M.D.)
- Harvard University (Master’s in Public Health)
- Boston Veterans’ Administration Medical Center, Internal Medicine